ADSM-L

Dir, Filespace backup question

2003-02-26 05:12:02
Subject: Dir, Filespace backup question
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:07:44 +0000
Hi TSMers

I have a question for you.

I'm running TSM 4.2.2.12 on a Solaris 2.7 machine. We are about to do some
reconfiguration of the file systems of one of our clients as follows.

At the moment we have one massive /app dir with loads of subdirs for
various applications (5 72GB disks software raided...yuk). What we are
looking at doing is making some of the dir's actual mount points. i.e. the
/app/users/fred would be copied to a new mount point making sure that all
file permissions, access dates etc remain unchanged, and then mount that
new file system as /app/users/fred (same as before).

Will TSM see this as completely new data, regardless of whether or not we
maintain the same dates, time stamp etc. If, so, is there a way round this?

Please feel free to ask for more info If I have been too vague.

Many thanks

Farren Minns - John Wiley & Son Ltd