ADSM-L

Re: Help setting up RMAN w/ TDP 2210

2003-02-25 10:14:58
Subject: Re: Help setting up RMAN w/ TDP 2210
From: Neil Rasmussen <rasmussn AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 07:14:15 -0800
Theresa,

The 2518 return code you are seeing means that the license file that Data
Protection for Oracle is picking up and reading is not a valid license
file for TDP Oracle. It could be that your license file was corrutped
during install?? Unfortunately, troubleshooting is very hard with Rman
when a failure occurs during initialization - It isn't until a later
function call that Rman will actually send a meaningful message to the
Rman output. If you believe that the license file is the correct one for
TDP Oracle, try removing and reinstalling TDP Oracle. Hope this helps.