ADSM-L

Re: licensing costs

2003-02-24 22:53:43
Subject: Re: licensing costs
From: "Joshua S. Bassi" <jbassi AT IHWY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:32:43 -0800
> Can anyone explain how having more than one processor in a server has
anything to do with how much it costs to back it up?

Sure, it's how IBM can change more for a product that lives on the
higher end of the food chain.  They figure that if you spend money on
SMP based systems, then you can afford more for your software licensing.

--
Joshua S. Bassi
IBM Certified - AIX 4/5L, SAN, Shark

AIX, HACMP, Storage, TSM Consultant