ADSM-L

Re: checkin command

2003-02-24 17:43:46
Subject: Re: checkin command
From: Tommy Templeton <tommy.templeton AT MMRS.STATE.MS DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:42:47 -0600
We have 3590e tapes and I'm trying to incorporate this command into those
server command scripts on the TSM server.
I'm trying to put together an offsite backup process. We've been
doing our offsite process all wrong and I'm trying to correct it. I guess I
need to put another script in to do a
dbsnapshot.  (Any offsite help would also be appreciated. I seem to be
having difficulty in setting all of this up).

I put together this scipt to move tapes offsite:

move drmedia * source=dbsnapshot tolocation=vault remove=yes wait=yes
query actlog search="MOVE DRMEDIA"

I have this script to move tapes back onsite.

move drmedia * wherestate=vaultretrieve copystgpool=offsitepool1
source=dnsnapshot
checkin libv libname search=yes status=scratch devt=3590 checkl=no
query actlog search="MOVE DRMEDIA"