ADSM-L

Help setting up RMAN w/ TDP 2210

2003-02-24 17:36:31
Subject: Help setting up RMAN w/ TDP 2210
From: Theresa Sarver <tsarver.IFMC AT SDPS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:35:27 -0500
Hi all;

I'm having all kinds of problems and am hoping someone can assist me with this
setup...as I'm all confused at this point.

Environment:
AIX 51 ML3
TSM Server 5162
TSM (ba) Client 510 (64 bit)
TSM (api) Client 4210 (32 bit)
TDP (oracle) Client 2210 (32 bit)
Oracle Enterprise Server 817

As this server is running AIX5 w/ Oracle 817 databases I had to install TDP
2210 (if I read the documentation right), and TDP 22 installed the 4210 (32
bit) API.

No matter what we try RMAN will not backup, we went from seeing the following
errrors:

RMAN-03007: retryable error occurred during execution of command: allocate
RMAN-07004: unhandled exception during command execution on channel dev1
RMAN-10035: exception raised in RPC: ORA-19554: error allocating device, device
type: SBT_TAPE, device name:
ORA-19557: device error, device type: SBT_TAPE, device name:
ORA-27000: skgfqsbi: failed to initialize storage subsystem (SBT) layer
IBM AIX RISC System/6000 Error: 2534: System call error number 2534.

to this error:

RMAN-03007: retryable error occurred during execution of command: allocate
RMAN-07004: unhandled exception during command execution on channel dev1
RMAN-10035: exception raised in RPC: ORA-19554: error allocating device, device
type: SBT_TAPE, device name:
ORA-19557: device error, device type: SBT_TAPE, device name:
ORA-27000: skgfqsbi: failed to initialize storage subsystem (SBT) layer
IBM AIX RISC System/6000 Error: 2518: System call error number 2518.

I tripple checked that the libobk.a file is linked to the correct location:
/c2qnu01/u01/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib>ls -la libobk.a
lrwxrwxrwx   1 oracle   dba              17 Feb 21 11:20 libobk.a -> /usr/lib/li
bobk.a

Output of tdpo.opt:
DSMI_ORC_CONFIG    /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin/dsm.opt.oracle
DSMI_LOG           /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin

TDPO_FS            admsorc
TDPO_NODE          c2qnu01_oracle
TDPO_OWNER         oracle
TDPO_PSWDPATH      /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin

I have attached the dsm.opt and dsm.sys files for your review.  I have linked
them both from the api directory back to the ba/bin directory:

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     system           44 Feb 21 16:22 dsm.opt.oracle -> /usr/
tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.opt.oracle

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     system           37 Feb 20 16:05 dsm.sys -> /usr/tivoli/
tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys

The password file was generated fine and I was able to run the tdpoconf
showenv, the contents of which I included.  I also provided the tdpoerror.log -
though I don't think it'll help any.

I've gone through all relevant archive articles and nothing seems to apply to
my situation.  I also opened a PMR with TSM Support, but I haven't heard
anything back yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you;
Theresa