ADSM-L

Re: expiration runs, deletion not done

2003-02-24 16:59:27
Subject: Re: expiration runs, deletion not done
From: Henk ten Have <hthta AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:55:49 +0100
>Henk - Possibly: You could do a Select search on your Backups or Archives
>       tables for that OBJECT_ID, to identify the filespace object involved,
>and perhaps via Contents determine what tape volume it is on, then do an
>Audit Volume Fix=Yes ?

Richard, I know which filespace is involved (i.e. the last ANR4391
before the error starts). I try (tomorrow) to find the tape volume.
At least it's a good try to give an audit volume a chance.

>I'm curious: Did you do a CANcel EXPIration or CANcel PRocess ?

Actually I did a CANcel PRocess. I tried now a CANcel EXPIration.
Guess what? Expiration don't start ALL over, but keeps starting
a couple of dozen filespaces BEFORE the one which gives the error.
I'll be damned....
Anyway, you give me some things to try, thanks. I'll let you know
about my experience the next days.

Cheers,
Henk ("next days"? Don't think so, tomorrow...before we ran out
      of tape volumes....)