ADSM-L

TDP Domino sporadic/chronic error - "ACD0200E File (<NULL>) could not be opened for reading."

2003-02-24 16:24:25
Subject: TDP Domino sporadic/chronic error - "ACD0200E File (<NULL>) could not be opened for reading."
From: Kent Monthei <Kent.J.Monthei AT GSK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:21:54 -0500
We have a TDP-Domino incremental backup schedule on our TSM Server that
occasionally produces this message in the client log:

        >  Tivoli Data Protection for Lotus Domino - Version 1, Release 1,
Level 1.0
                .
                .
        >  Backing up database mail\WXY12345.nsf, 1 of 1.
        >  Full: 0   Read: 0  Written: 0  Rate: 0.00 Kb/Sec
        >  Backup of mail\WXY12345.nsf failed.
        >  ACD0200E File (<NULL>) could not be opened for reading.
                .
                .
This has been occurring sporadically on 3 different Domino Servers.  Each
server has several hundred active mail databases, all in the same
subdirectory, most of which TDP backs up just fine.  We see this message
on a very small, random subset - typically just 1-3 databases on 1 of the
3 servers on any given night.  Sometimes all 3 server backups succeed with
no reported errors.  The subset of affected databases is somewhat random,
except that they always seem to be near (not at) the end of the mail
subdirectory.

We perform follow-up incremental backups on any that fail, and the
follow-up backups always work fine.

We haven't been able to correlate occurrences to any client-side or
server-side events.  Does anyone know what might be causing this, and
(hopefully) how to resolve it?

-rsvp, thanks

Kent Monthei
GlaxoSmithKline