ADSM-L

Re: expiration runs, deletion not done

2003-02-24 13:47:06
Subject: Re: expiration runs, deletion not done
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:47:01 -0500
>Since a couple of days expirations runs, but deletion stops after an error:
>
>02/21/03   14:44:10      ANR9999D imutil.c(5570): ThreadId<100> Bitfile id
>                           0.496165168 not found.

Henk - Possibly: You could do a Select search on your Backups or Archives
       tables for that OBJECT_ID, to identify the filespace object involved,
and perhaps via Contents determine what tape volume it is on, then do an
Audit Volume Fix=Yes ?

>'Normally', if expirations ends before it is finished, the next expiration
>startes where the last expirations did stop. So, smart as we are (ahum), we
>stop expiration after the error and restart. But in this case this trick
>doesn't work.

I'm curious: Did you do a CANcel EXPIration or CANcel PRocess ?

  Richard Sims, BU