ADSM-L

Re: FW: TDP SQL Restore Error

2003-02-24 09:50:51
Subject: Re: FW: TDP SQL Restore Error
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:51:02 -0500
Rizwan,

This means that some of the data objects needed for the restore
cannot be found in the TSM Server database. If the restore
worked prior to the migration to tape, the backup must
have been good. And so, something must have happened
that caused some of those objects to be deleted or corrupted.
(for example, a bad tape, etc.)

If you are trying to get this process working, I would
start with a single stripe backup, let it migrate to tape,
and then try the restore. Make sure it works with
a single stripe to verify the procedure, then increase
the stripes to make sure your setup is correct.

If you continue to have problems, please call IBM support.
Deleted objects are serious business and indicate
that something else is going wrong with your TSM Server.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Remember that the best job security is
doing a job well and doing it cheerfully.