ADSM-L

Re: My experience with audit db

2003-02-24 02:57:16
Subject: Re: My experience with audit db
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 08:56:40 +0100
Hello,

Just pure curiosity, what forced you to do an Audit db?
If I had a 3 days service window I would do an Unload db. In the end of the
Load db I would be asked to do an Audit db if there was a need for it.

//Henrik

                    Schmitz Garnebode

                    <Schmitz.Garnebode        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    @SWEST.DE>                cc:     (bcc: Henrik Wahlstedt)

                    Sent by: "ADSM:           Subject:     My experience with
audit db
                    Dist Stor Manager"

                    <[email protected].

                    2003-02-24 08:39

                    Please respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist Stor

                    Manager"

Good morning,

last weekend i use a 3 day servicewindow to do a audit db on our two
tsm-server.
Here my experience:

Both tsm-server are S7A with 4GB Memory, the TSM-DB stay on SSA Harddisk,

Wlb06190:
Available     Assigned       Maximum       Maximum        Page
Total
Used       Pct      Max.
    Space     Capacity     Extension     Reduction        Size
Usable
Pages      Util       Pct
     (MB)         (MB)          (MB)          (MB)     (bytes)
Pages
Util
---------     --------     ---------     ---------     -------
---------
---------     -----     -----
   36.000       36.000             0        12.040       4.096
9.216.000
6.134.984      66.6      66.6

ANR4306I AUDITDB: Processed 175824258 database entries (cumulative).

Start Auditdb  22.02.03 09:23
End Auditdb    23.02.03 19:19

34 hours

wlb06192:
Available     Assigned       Maximum       Maximum        Page
Total
Used       Pct      Max.
    Space     Capacity     Extension     Reduction        Size
Usable
Pages      Util       Pct
     (MB)         (MB)          (MB)          (MB)     (bytes)
Pages
Util
---------     --------     ---------     ---------     -------
---------
---------     -----     -----
   28.288       22.276         6.012         1.164       4.096
5.702.656
1.999.967      35.1      35.1

ANR4306I AUDITDB: Processed 64775507 database entries (cumulative).

Start Auditdb  22.02.03 08:30
Ende Auditdb   22.02.03 19:55

12 hours

kind regards

Michael Garnebode
Diplom-Informatiker
Schmitz Rz Consult GmbH
Bachstr.1
50259 Pulheim
Tel.: 02238/922266
Fax: 02238/922267
EMail: michael.garnebode AT schmitz-rz-consult DOT de

im Auftrag der SWEST

Sparkassen-Informatik-Services West GmbH
Abt. : 731-52400 Spacemanagement
Postanschrift :
      Postfach 10 53 10
      D - 40044 Düsseldorf