ADSM-L

Re: PMR 02528, 082

2003-02-23 05:47:54
Subject: Re: PMR 02528, 082
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:44:45 +0200
You already got a tons of opinions on this one but nobody commented that
your AIX admin is messing RAID levels:
RAID 0 is striping (no protection)
RAID 1 is mirroring (protected)
I can also bet he does not know the difference between RAID 10 and 0+1
(though it is easy to guess/mess).

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

William Rosette <Bill_Rosette AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM>
07.02.2003 16:18