ADSM-L

Re: show ver on oracle filespaces

2003-02-21 11:25:23
Subject: Re: show ver on oracle filespaces
From: Theresa Sarver <tsarver.IFMC AT SDPS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 11:23:47 -0500
Hi Lisa;

Yes, I would say that the insert date "jibes with reality" (< - - I like that).
 I don't know a whole lot about the RMAN side of things as our DBA's deal with
that part - I just know that we had some problems in the beginning where the
DBA's weren't running the RMAN delete script (or weren't running it right?), so
none of the RMAN backups were being marked for deletion - thus Tivoli was never
expirating them.  Could this possibly be an issue with your environment?

Also, I decided to try using a select statement to see if I could view my RMAN
data - and that DID work:

select * from backups where node_name='C2F1N1EX_ORACLE'
AND filespace_name='/adsmorc'

So I have no idea why my ever-reliable SHOW VERSION command won't work?  Oh
well, at least I can still get what I need.

Thanks;
Theresa

>>> CABANL AT MODOT DOT NET 02/21/03 10:04AM >>>
Theresa,

when I run the command I see info like this:
/adsmorc : // al_00ee894v_1_1 (MC: DEFAULT)
Active, Inserted 01/31/03 02:40:32
ObjId: 0.134453795

/adsmorc : // al_01ee894v_1_1 (MC: DEFAULT)
Active, Inserted 01/31/03 02:40:32
ObjId: 0.134453794

/adsmorc : // al_03ee89nc_1_1 (MC: DEFAULT)
Active, Inserted 01/31/03 02:50:22
ObjId: 0.134455581

/adsmorc : // al_04e7u4ci_1_1 (MC: DEFAULT)
Active, Inserted 11/16/02 10:40:20
ObjId: 0.112626200

Does the insertion data jibe with reality?  I mean, RMAN/TDPO are set up to
only keep 7 days worth of incrs.  So, following that logic, those object
should not be there, correct?  Isn't the tdposync utility supposed to get
rid of the stragglers?

When I run tdposync syncdb, it comes back with the message that "The TSM
Server is synchronized with the Oracle Catalog or there are no matching
files in the requested filespace"

If these are stranded objects, how would I delete them from TSM, since
RMANs catalog doesn't know about them?

help!

lisa

                    Theresa Sarver
                    <tsarver.IFMC@       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    SDPS.ORG>            cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     SHOW commands and TSM 5162
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    02/20/2003
                    05:13 PM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Does anyone know - do the SHOW commands work with TSM Server 5162?  I used
them all the time to view my TDP for Oracle data under TSM415, but after
upgrading the following is returned:

tsm: C2TSMSERV>show version c2f1n11ex_oracle /adsmorc
ANR0852E SHOW: No matching file spaces found for node C2F1N11EX_ORACLE.

Anyone else running 5162 and able to use the SHOW VERSION command?

Thanks;
Theresa