ADSM-L

Re: Network Adapter Lost after Restore of W2K with TSM 5.1.5.9

2003-02-20 18:03:49
Subject: Re: Network Adapter Lost after Restore of W2K with TSM 5.1.5.9
From: Greg Redell <GRedell AT GWL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:02:31 -0600
Try this

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b810161

Greg Redell
Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Co.
Phone: 314-525-5877
Email: Gredell AT GWL DOT com

Don't try to fix it, unless you understand it.

                      Roberto Finazzi
                      <roberto_finazzi@        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      IT.IBM.COM>              cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Network Adapter Lost
after Restore of W2K with TSM 5.1.5.9
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      02/20/2003 11:58
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Our TSM team is trying the full recovery of a W2K box (IBM X-series 345
model) with TSM client 5.1.5.9 and server 5.1.1.6.
We backup the whole machine, re-install and configure o.s. and TSM client,
and then restore every disk along with system object.
The restore shows no errors but all network adapter (giga-bit ethernet) get
lost, with the exception of the integrated one.

Have anyone experienced something similar?

Thanks in advance!