ADSM-L

Novell Redirected Restore Problem

2003-02-20 17:56:25
Subject: Novell Redirected Restore Problem
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:30:53 -0600
I have some old Novell 4.11 systems, backing them up with TSM client 4.2.2.0
to a Windows TSM server running 4.2.3.1 (sofar so good).  Communications is
IPX only with this client.

I now have a new Novell 6 server using TSM client 5.1.1.0 - this client is
in a new (test) NDS tree, and is talking TCP/IP only.  It can do backup and
restore of itself.

I cannot seem to do a cross system restore from the old Novell server data
to the new Novell server.  It is getting some kind of (apparently) TSM
authentication error.  Suggestion on how to get this to work, or what to try
next?

... This is in support of moving from Novell 4.11 to Novell 6 (a supported
version).  Once that is done, we can upgrade TSM to something with a longer
life!

TIA ... Jack