ADSM-L

Re: about tsm database backup problem

2003-02-20 09:05:50
Subject: Re: about tsm database backup problem
From: Sias Dealy <hnre AT UREACH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:03:14 -0500
I do not know how many dbbackup volume that you want to keep or
want to delete.
If you only have one dbbackup volume this can not be done.
This is a fail safe.

Sias

>From the Admin Ref. Manual, here is a basic syntax.

delete dbvolume todate=<XX>

TODate (Required)
Specifies the date to use to select sequential volume history
information to be deleted. TSM deletes only those records with
a date on or before the date you specify.
You can specify the data using one of the values below:

MM/DD/YYYY   A specific date       01/23/1999
TODAY        The current date      TODAY
TODAY-days or -days  The current date minus days specified. The
maximum number of days you can specify is 9999.
                                   TODAY-30 or -30.
To delete records that are 30 or more days old, you can specify
TODAY-30 or simply -30.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On    , jiangguohong1 (jiangguohong1 AT ETANG DOT COM) wrote:

> hi,
> in our practice application,i have a question for tivoli
storage manamger.the version of tsm software
> that we used is 5.1.0.0,in order to protect tsm server
database,we use the tsm administrator command
> "backup db type=full devc=ltodevclass" to perform database
full backup,the backup database located
> into one scratch volume in ibm 3584 tape library,use the
command "q libv" to check the upon scratch
> volumes status that is dbbackup status.i want to let the
dbbackup volume turn into scratch or private
> volume, in other words,as normally
> data backup.i use "del volh" and attemp to delete the
dbbackup volume in the volume history file,but