ADSM-L

Multiple restore sessions

2003-02-19 16:22:58
Subject: Multiple restore sessions
From: brian welsh <brianwelsh3 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 22:21:49 +0100
Hello,

AIX 5.1, TSM 4.2.2.8 (soon upgrading to 5.1)

I'm wondering if someone have good experiences with multiple restore
sessions. We have 4 drives in our library. When there are no other processes
and a client is starting a restore and files are spread over several tapes,
will there be up to 4 simultanious sessions for restoring?

Is it necessary to set collocation off, before you can use multiple restore
sessions, or with collocation enabled and data for one client spread over
more tapes it is also possible to get multiple restore-sessions?

Thanx,

Brian.

Hotmail en Messenger on the move
http://www.msn.nl/communicatie/smsdiensten/hotmailsmsv2/