ADSM-L

Re: Shared Storagetek L180 library

2003-02-19 07:11:45
Subject: Re: Shared Storagetek L180 library
From: Chris Young <CYoung AT GRESHAMSTORAGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 05:26:22 -0600
To the best of my knowledge, the STK L180 does not support ACSLS. It is pure
SCSI based library control. However, what you probably could would be to use
Tivoli's native library sharing functionality, introduce a SCSI multiplexer
(since the TSM server would need visibility to each of the drives in order
to allow native library sharing to work...unlike an ACSLS environment) and
define two drives to each server, limit the mount points on the "master TSM
server" to two and then make sure that the first two drive in the drive list
are the drives that are not defined to the other TSM servers. Possibly a
little more complex than you might like but it should work. The alternative
would be to go to a larger library that was ACSLS controlled and then the
process is a little more streamlined.

Christopher Young