ADSM-L

Re: TSM on Linux

2003-02-18 08:54:28
Subject: Re: TSM on Linux
From: Lloyd Dieter <dieter AT SNRGY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 08:53:57 -0500
Etienne,

Probably not.  I tried this as well, and ultimately had to back down to RH
7.2 with a kernel upgrade to get things working.

The TSMSCSI modules appear to be VERY fussy about loading into *exactly*
the kernel specified.  Once you meet the requirements, however, it seems
to work pretty well, although it still complains about tainting the kernel
when you insert the modules.

Note that I only have this working in a lab environment...haven't tried it
on anything production (yet).

Regards,

-Lloyd

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:54:12 +0100
GUILLAUMONT Etienne <eguillau AT RGB-TECHNOLOGIE DOT FR> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I tried to install TSM 5.1.5 server on Linux but I have a problem
> because my level is 7.3 red hat with a 2.4.18.24 kernel and for the
> devices, TSM requires an older kernel. Is there any possibility to have
> TSM work on my linux level ?
>

> Etienne GUILLAUMONT
> e-mail : etienne AT rgb-technologie DOT fr
>
> RGB Technologie
> Parc d'Innovation, Bâtiment PYTHAGORE
> 11 Rue Jean SAPIDUS
> 67400 ILLKIRCH
> Tél :  03 90 40 60 60
> Fax : 03 90 40 60 61

    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
                     Registered Linux User 285528
   Synergy, Inc.   http://www.synergyinc.cc   ldieter AT snrgy DOT com
             Main:585-389-1260    fax:585-389-1267