ADSM-L

Re: Stop Bagging TSM Developers.

2003-02-17 16:36:33
Subject: Re: Stop Bagging TSM Developers.
From: Rob Berendt <rob AT DEKKO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 16:37:13 -0500
I think the number of TSM clients is about to grow dramatically in the
near future.  IBM has bundled TSM into a package called Enterprise
Edition.  If you purchase an iSeries, (formerly known as an AS/400), with
the Enterprise package IBM is bundling a LOT of software.  One of these is
TSM.

We have TSM (kinda) running on our iSeries.  An older version, and the 5.1
for OS/400 PASE.  We can't get the 5.1 version running for a day without
having to reboot out iSeries.  And rebooting an iSeries is not something
you do on a whim, like a PC or something.

Two things IBM is going to have to do:
1)  Improve quality.
2)  Gear up for additional support.

Rob Berendt