ADSM-L

TSM4.2 server and SNMP on HP-UX

2003-02-14 09:21:33
Subject: TSM4.2 server and SNMP on HP-UX
From: Carsten Moldrup <cmoldrup AT CSC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:05:17 +0100
Hi there,

I cannot get the tivoli snmp subagent to talk with the local snmp agent on
the os.
Do you have any ideas  ?

TSM server is 4.2.2.7 on HP-UX 11.0 - SNMP was yesterday updated with the
latest patch level from HP.

output from dsmsnmp :

 by .
SNMP Subagent Program for HP-UX
Version 4, Release 2, Level 1.0

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

5698-TSM (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1997, 2001.  All rights reserved.
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

ANR0900I Processing options file /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmserv.opt.
ANR4681W Connect to SNMP agent failed, will keep trying.

/etc/snmpd.conf :

get-community-name:     public
set-community-name:     admin
#contact:               # enter contact person for agent
#location:              # enter location of agent
#max-trap-dest:         # enter max no. of trap-dest entries to be
maintained.
#trap-dest:             # enter trap destination

# trap-dest:
# trap-dest: 147.29.184.??
trap-dest: 194.89.157.179

dsmserv.opt :

COMMMETHOD              SNMP
SNMPSUBAGENT            host 127.0.0.1 comm public timeout 60
SNMPsubagentport        1521
SNMPHEARTBEATINTERVAL   1
SNMPMESSAGECATEGORY     individual

Regards,