ADSM-L

Antwort: Setting up Shared Libraries

2003-02-14 02:31:20
Subject: Antwort: Setting up Shared Libraries
From: Markus Veit <markus.veit AT BAYERBBS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:28:02 +0100
Hi Jason,
I may be wrong, but have you set up the path to the drives for the client on the
LIBRAY MANAGER, if not do so

Markus

                                                An: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                Kopie:
                                                Thema:   Setting up Shared
Libraries

              owner-adsm-l AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
              00:49
              Bitte antworten an "ADSM:
              Dist Stor Manager"

Hi,

I'm attempting to setup a shared 3494 library between linux boxes. I'm
running 5.1.5.4 on all the boxes. Drives are Fibre channel 3590s.

I've defined server to server communication etc., the library and drives
on the manager, and the library on the clients.

However, when I go to define the drives on the clients, I get a

tsm: TSM-SLAVE-2>define drive atl IBMTAPE0
ANR8403E DEFINE DRIVE: Operation not allowed for SHARED libraries.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

before I even get to create a path.

Has anyone gone through this, and what am I doing wrong?

Thanks *very* much for your help.

Jason