ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.2 Question

2003-02-12 12:39:50
Subject: Re: TSM 5.2 Question
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:39:44 +0100

Hi Jeff!
The SYSBACK software has always be there. And it´s exactly the same
software seens before.
But if you can wait for a Bare Metal Restore program until summer we have
one for a unix platform.
And it´s going to work eaxct the same way our Windows BMR works today.
If you want to look at our Windows Ver please go to our web page www.
cristie.com and look for CBMR.

Med Vänliga Hälsningar/Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cristie Nordic AB
Box 2
SE-131 06 Nacka
Sweden

Phone : +46-(0)8-641 96 30
Mobil : +46-(0)70-325 15 77
eMail : christian.svensson AT cristie DOT se
MSN : issen007 AT hotmail DOT com

                      Jeff G Kloek
                      <Jeff.                   To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      Kloek AT IPAPER DOT COM>        cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: TSM 5.2 Question
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager" <ADSM-
                      L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                      2003-02-12 18:35
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

I just had a dog-and-pony show yesterday about 5.1 update features, after
which SRM, then  BMR for 5.2 was discussed. Basically, for AIX they're
incorporating SYSBACK as part of the Tivoli product, they said that there
would be a "sysback-like" feature for Solaris (we asked them to check into
root encapsulation, results pending), and for HP, they mentioned
Ignite-like functionality, all built into the Tivoli product. As for
Windows, that's still in the negotiation/planning stages.

                      "Dearman,
                      Richard"                 To:       [email protected].
EDU
                      <rdearm1 AT UIC DOT EDU>        cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  TSM 5.2 Question
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      02/12/2003 11:05
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Does anyone know if TSM 5.2 will have any BMR capabilities build into it
for
unix and/or windows clients.  Or should I assume that it will never happen
and purchase Baremetal Restore from veritas.

Thanks

***************************EMAIL DISCLAIMER*************************** This
email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are
intended
solely for the use of th individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for
delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
delete it and notify the sender or contact Health Information Management
312.996.3941.

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image