ADSM-L

Re: Avoiding holding a tape during a DB2 Redirected restore

2003-02-12 12:00:23
Subject: Re: Avoiding holding a tape during a DB2 Redirected restore
From: "Tudor,Troy,VEVEY,GL-IS/IT" <Troy.Tudor AT NESTLE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:59:38 +0100
Hi

We experience the SAP problem except I don't believe TSM 'holds' the drive.

DB2 will read backup header from tape
DB2 then creates containers as required.
While the containers are being created, TSM waits for the client to return.
The tape is unmounted after a timeout period.
When containers are created, TSM remounts tape.

Cheers