ADSM-L

New Customer Education letter for WW distribution

2003-02-12 10:43:49
Subject: New Customer Education letter for WW distribution
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 07:16:32 -0700
The Tivoli eSupport program manager has asked me to post the following
information to ADSM-L (see below my sig):

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Subject: To: All Registered Tivoli Customers World Wide

February 10, 2003 ? Education: How to use the new Support site successfully

Dear Valued Support Customer,

Here is the list of the most common Questions & Answers were are receiving
on the IBM.com Online Support site today:

Q: I have a Tivoli ID and an IBM.com registered ID.    Which one do I use
for problem submission?
A: If your company has NOT been migrated to a Passport Advantage
agreement, you can use your Tivoli ID to logon to ESR.    To reach
entitled data on IBM.com, you would continue to use your IBM.com ID. Once
you are migrated to a Passport Advantage agreement and customer number,
your IBM.com ID will work for both areas.

Q: The top of every web page has a search bar in a blue field and 4 links
in black.    When these are used, I leave the Tivoli content areas, why?
A: The top blue field area, is used exclusively for searching the web page
tags across the entire IBM web site.    The links in black are references
for all IBM segments, not just software products.   When using only the
software support function, use only the links below the top 10% of the page or
the black and blue fields.

Q: Does Tivoli have a Support home page and where is it?
A:  Yes   We have created a Support Home page, on IBM.com.    It can be
found at http://www-3.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/   Many of the
features available from Tivoli.com/support, are selectable
in the left and right navigation areas.   For example, the 'Library' link,
replaces the Tivoli Information Center.

Q: How do I use the Search capabilities on IBM.com?
A: For an overview of the Search system, you can reference the Search site
tour at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/support/viewlet/swsearch/sw_search1_viewlet_swf.html
Once a search has been run, a count of the records is found listed in the
dark blue bar, just above the records found.    To further isolate to the
information needed, additional keywords, using the categories, or types of
support features from the search results page, will reduce the list of
records found.

Q: Where can I find Product Downloads?
A:  On each product page under the self help section, a link will be found
if downloads for that product exist.   Once this is selected, further
isolation can be done using the search results page features.    Downloads
are also searchable from the IBM Software Support page, using the center
column "Downloads" link under the Support Search bar. Once the results
list for downloads is displayed, you can use isolation features that will
limit hits to only a certain Operating System, or only to the application
at a certain version / release level.

Q: Are FAQ's documented online?
A: We have received a number of questions about 'How to find' or 'How to
use' content or features on the new support location.      To help provide
a available reference for these questions, Tivoli is maintaining a Support Site
FAQ page .  This link is:
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/Support_Site_FAQ.html

Thank you for your continued use of Tivoli products. We look forward to
continuing to serve your support needs in our new online home.