ADSM-L

Re: v5.1.6.1, so far

2003-02-10 10:26:58
Subject: Re: v5.1.6.1, so far
From: Gerhard Rentschler <g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:26:23 +0100
Gretchen,
some time ago I had the problem that the log utilization was not reset after
a db backup. In this case the support center recommended to use the
undocumented ckpt command which worked as a temporary bypass.
I strongly recommend to open a severity 2 pmr and ask the support center
what to do.
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us. Please tell us
when you have additional information.

Why can the hardware people build reliable devices whereas the software
building art is in such a bad state?

Best regards
Gerhard
---
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Regional Computing Center     tel.   ++49/711/685 5806
University of Stuttgart       fax:   ++49/711/682357
Allmandring 30a
D 70550
Stuttgart
Germany