ADSM-L

Web Client hangs for a unix client

2003-02-08 11:18:59
Subject: Web Client hangs for a unix client
From: Sylvia Nergard <sylvianer AT NO.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 17:03:05 +0100
Hi!

When I try to open a web session against a Linux server (Platform: Linux86
Client OS Level: 2.2.19-8t) I have problems.
The first time i get connected (through Explorer), but i miss som eitems
(the picture) at the gui, the backup-, restore- etc.buttons are there.
I can start a backup but then the Java GUI hangs. I have to kill the task.
When I try to connect later after I have connected once , the Explorer is
just thinking and thinking....
I have to go back at the Linux box and kill the dsmcad prosess. When I
start up againg I can connect to the client at port 1581 (has defines
Httpport 1581 in dsm.sys, if not doing this it seemes that he tries to use
any port). But after I end that session I can't get in touch with the
client again without restarting the dsmcad process.
Is the earlier websession still holding on to the port?
Or is it something with the webinstallation package on the client?
How important is it that it is the right type of Linux (this is Trustix)?
I thought maybe it was the kernel level that was the important thing here.
Which part of the installastin package is necessary?
We can not run the GUI local on the client because the machine doesn't meet
that requirements, therefore it is important to make the web client to
work.

We are using the 4.2.3 Backup archive Client on the Linux machine, backing
up to TSM Server 5.1.5.4 on Windows.

Using the command line at the client works just fine.

Anyone else experienced something like this, and maybe have a solution?

Regards
Sylvia Nergård