ADSM-L

Re: Future of mainframe TSM

2003-02-07 16:57:00
Subject: Re: Future of mainframe TSM
From: "Miller, Ryan" <Miller.Ryan AT PRINCIPAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:51:34 -0600
This will depend on the size of your mainframe, we run on OS/390, we have 6
systems running 9 LPARS, plus some extra LPARS for other workload.  We have 15
instances of TSM running on various systems and run up to 8 of these on one
LPAR at any time.  If you want the exact size of our systems and LPARS, I would
have to track those numbers down.  I do know that TSM as a whole utilizes very
little of our mainframe and has never had a problem keeping up and we backup 2
TB from over 800 clients nightly.  The short of it is, if your mainframe has
enough CPU power you will be OK.

Ryan Miller

Principal Financial Group

Tivoli Certified Consultant