ADSM-L

Re: Need advice on dealing with unreadable tape

2003-02-07 09:19:37
Subject: Re: Need advice on dealing with unreadable tape
From: Matt Simpson <msimpson AT UKY DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:17:49 -0500
At 4:20 PM -0600 2/6/03, Julian Armendariz wrote:
You will have to specify which copypool to get the files from.

restore v 000345 copy=name_of_copypool p=y

According to the manual, copypool is optional, and if not specified, "files
are restored from any copy pool in which copies can be located."
But, since the manual is occasionally wrong, I tried specifiying
copypool. It didn't help.

Someone else suggested maybe the access on the original tape needed
to be changed to "destroyed".  I tried that. It didn't help.