ADSM-L

Re: END EVENTLOGGING.

2003-02-07 07:37:59
Subject: Re: END EVENTLOGGING.
From: John Naylor <john.naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 12:37:01 +0000
Do you use netview event logging for good and useful purposes
If you do then say to the auditors that you can do what they ask, if they can
provide an alternative
mechanism for doing your good and useful purposes.
If you do not use it then your os390 sysprog can remove the anr messages from
your SYS1.PARMLIB(MPFLST**) member.
The line might be      ANR*,AUTO(YES)
This should be good enough as access to SYS1.PARMLIB should be strictly
controlled and
audit should be able to trace any updates to it.

"Brian L. Nick" <brian.nick AT phoenixwm DOT com> on 02/06/2003 02:24:27 PM

Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu>