ADSM-L

3584 - SCSI-ID vs. Loop-ID - Sun Solaris

2003-02-07 04:44:17
Subject: 3584 - SCSI-ID vs. Loop-ID - Sun Solaris
From: Karsten Huettmann <karsten.huettmann AT CARUS DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:41:20 +0100
Hi everybody!

One short question for those who are experienced with Sun Solaris-Systems
and FibreChannel addressing.

Can anybody tell me how can I access the FibreDrives in an 3584 Library?
The following things we have done until now:
- we enabled persistent bindung in 'lpfc.conf' (as you can see we are
using Emulex)
- we defined the tapes in 'st.conf'
  (because the application (Legato - I'm sorry) does not use the
IBMtape-Driver there's no need for IBMtape.conf).

==> '/var/adm/messages' shows that Solaris finds the
WWNs/drives/controlpaths. That far is ok.

But did I configure the 'st.conf' right?

Can I use any combination of Target ID and WWN in the st.conf?
E.g.: target 0 for WWN 5005..... and so on or must I link the WWN for the
first tape in the first frame with target 0 and so on.

Because the addressing seems only to happen via the Loop-ID I am really
confused.
So: how do I map the loop-ID of the drives to the appropriate SCSI-ID a
Sun system can use?

Thanx in advance.

-----
Mit freundlichen Grüssen / with regards
Karsten Hüttmann
Karsten Hüttmann
c.a.r.u.s. Information Technology AG
Advanced System Center
Bornbarch 9, 22848 Norderstedt, Germany

E-Mail: karsten.huettmann AT carus-it DOT com
Firma: +49.40.51435.3231
Mobil: +49.171.7634388
Fax: +49.40.51435.1111