ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Exchange v2.2 and TSM for MAil 5.1.5

2003-02-06 16:46:44
Subject: Re: TDP for Exchange v2.2 and TSM for MAil 5.1.5
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 16:44:16 -0500
Niklas,

Actually, it doesn't require a TSM 5.1 server.
It should work fine with a TSM Server 4.2 or later.

There are some differences.
Here is the excerpt from the README.

What's New
----------

- Data Protection for Exchange Version Reset
     In order to integrate more closely with the base IBM Tivoli Storage
     Manager products, Data Protection for Exchange versioning has been
     changed to match the base product. In this release, that is 5.1.5.

- New National Language Translations
     Translations into 9 languages are now available for Data Protection
     for Exchange enabling customers to interact with these clients
     in any of these languages.

- Brick-Level Backup and Restore For Microsoft Exchange Server
  Using IBM Tivoli Storage Manager - Documentation and Sample Files
     In the installation package there is a document and some
     sample files to help you configure your IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
     environment to perform brick-level backup and restores of your
     Microsoft Exchange Server. The solution as described in the
     documentation included discusses how the IBM Tivoli Storage
     Manager base level backup-archive client can be used in
     conjunction with the Microsoft Exchange ExMerge tool to
     achieve brick-level backup and restore granularity.
     The documentation and sample files are installed into
     the main Data Protection for Exchange installation directory.
     The files are:
        BRICKBACK.DOC      - Documentation on implementing the solution
        BRICKBACK.CMD.SMP  - Sample script for performing the backups
        BRICKBACK.INI.SMP  - Sample ExMerge configuration file
        BRICKBACK.OPT.SMP  - Sample IBM Tivoli Storage Manager options file
     See the BRICKBACK.DOC document for complete details.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Remember that the best job security is
doing a job well and doing it cheerfully.