ADSM-L

Re: Archive with delete question

2003-02-06 14:56:08
Subject: Re: Archive with delete question
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 11:49:09 -0800
I would believe this would be due to file sizes and the fact that TSM uses
aggregates, where a lot of little files will be bunched together.
Or to do with other things along the lines of txnbytelimit txngroupmax
etc...

TSM won't delete the file from the client UNTIL IT IS SURE IT HAS IT ON THE
SERVER AND THAT TRANSFER IS COMMITTED TO THE TSM DB.  (thank goodness)  so
you are probably just seeing the differences in transactions based on the
unique settings of all your misc. parameters that control the way ~things
work~.

Dwight