ADSM-L

Archive with delete question

2003-02-06 14:19:06
Subject: Archive with delete question
From: bbullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 12:13:58 -0700
        Quick question:

        Sometimes when we run the command  "archive /somedir/somefile*
-delete=yes", we have seen 2 different behaviors:
        - We see that it archives 1 file then deletes it, archives the next
file, deletes it, etc.....
        - We see that it archives a bunch of files before it starts deleting
files. Kind of in batches of files.

        I know I've seen both behaviors, but I'm not sure why. Is it ..
        - interactive dsmc command as opposed to a cron job?
        - different versions of TSM?
        - different OSes?
        - a TSM client setting I'm not familiar with?

        I have looked through the manuals and found nothing, so I thought
I'd bounce it off the group before I started to delve into testing to see
where and when I see the different behaviors.

        We are looking for more consistent behavior from the command to keep
busy filesystems from filling up.

Thanks,

Ben Bullock
Unix administrator