ADSM-L

PIT restore question

2003-02-03 13:07:53
Subject: PIT restore question
From: Hans Hedlund <Hans.Hedlund AT ENSKILDA DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 17:04:06 +0100
I was wondering...

If I have a backup copygroup that says VEREXIST=10 and all three other
variables "No Limit", what would a point-in-time restore, from say 6
months
ago, do with a file that has been backed up more than 10 times during
the
last 6 months? The file existed 6 months ago, but since I would only
keep 10
versions, that 6-month old version would have expired by now.

Would the PIT restore know that I used to have a file 6 months ago, and
pick
the oldest existing version of that file?
Or would I be notified about a missing file?
Or has TSM forgotten all about this 6 month old file by now, including
the
fact that it did exist 6 months ago?

/Hans

**********************************************************************************************************************
Confidentiality Notice

The content of this e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the
confidential use of the individual(s) or entity(-ies) to whom it is
addressed only and may contain personal and/or confidential information.
Please notify the sender immediately by returning this e-mail if you are
not the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error
and that reading, duplicating, or in any way disseminating its content
to any other person, is strictly prohibited.

If the content of this e-mail, including attachments, includes an offer
to provide any service or product, an offer or a solicitation of an
offer to buy or sell any securities or any other investment product,
please refer to the disclaimer on www.enskilda.se, which applies also to
the content of this e-mail. Any such transaction will also be subject to
any other Terms of Business currently in place between us.

If you are a client of Enskilda Securities with access to Enskilda
Research Online and this e-mail contains a research report or the
content of this e-mail, including attachments, may be regarded as an
advice in relation to companies or securities, please refer to the
general and company specific disclaimers, respectively, on Enskilda
Research Online.