ADSM-L

DHCP.MDB fails to archive

2003-02-03 03:26:13
Subject: DHCP.MDB fails to archive
From: Lawrie Scott <lawries AT COMPAREXAFRICA.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 10:27:50 +0200
Hi All

when I run an archive on a windows 2000 machine that host my DHCP server
the dchp.mdb file fails with an error. (in used by another process) how
can I backup / archive this file. Below is my archive copy group. I
currently run TSM 5.1.5 on windows 2000 platform and the clients are
also 5.1.5 This is just something I'm doing as a trial to market the
product and the customer is not impressed with this failure. Everything
else has worked great. Active directory backup and restore, SAP/R3
backup and restore etc etc... just this one hurdle.

Policy Domain Name       WINDOWS_TEMP

Policy Set Name  ACTIVE

Mgmt Class Name  WINDOWS_TEMP

Copy Group Name  STANDARD

Retain Version   28

Copy Serialization       DYNAMIC

Copy Destination         WINDOWS_TEMP

Last Update Date/Time    2003-01-31 08:23:54.000000

Last Update by (administrator)   YANDA

Managing profile         -

Kind Regards
LAWRIE SCOTT
For: Persetel/Q Vector KZN
Company Registration Number: 1993/003683/07
Tel: +27 (0) 31 5609222
Fax: +27 (0) 31 5609495
Cell: +27 (0) 835568488
E-mail:  lawries AT comparexafrica.co DOT za
<mailto:lawries AT comparexafrica.co DOT za>

Notice: This message and any attachments are confidential and intended
solely for the addressee. If any have received this message in error,
please notify Lawrie Scott at Comparex Africa (Pty) Ltd immediately,
telephone number +27 (0) 31 5609222. Any unauthorised use, alteration or
dissemination is prohibited. Comparex Africa (Pty) Ltd accepts no
liability whatsoever for any loss whether it be direct, indirect or
consequential, arising from information made available and actions
resulting there from.