ADSM-L

Re: TSM x ARCserve

2003-02-02 19:04:09
Subject: Re: TSM x ARCserve
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 01:49:49 +0200
For me it sounds more like workaround the lack of HSM client with purely
manual "backup and delete". We can do the same with archive functionality
but should we.
I do not want to be the HSM "kernel extension" recalling back the files
"migrated" in this manner :-((( It would be some sort of "restore file
blah-blah for me and backup-delete some other one to free some space on
the disk". Performing this manual process two-three times is enough to
forget which file is where (someone heard for tape reclamation in
ARCserve).

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
01.02.2003 21:28