ADSM-L

Re: TSM x ARCserve

2003-02-01 09:48:20
Subject: Re: TSM x ARCserve
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 08:47:38 -0600
I truly hope you made a mistake, and you are referring to the ARCHIVE
function, rather than the BACKUP function. If you are backing up files,
and then deleting the source files, they will be erased from the tape
also, after the inactive delay. The big difference here is that if you
are archiving them, they last forever.

If you are unclear on the difference here, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR DATA!