ADSM-L

Re: management class question???

2003-01-31 12:00:31
Subject: Re: management class question???
From: John Naylor <john.naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:57:48 +0000
After you have done the first backup to disk, backup your active policy set.
Then change the destination pool in the backup copygroup of your management
class in your backup policy set..
Validate and Activate your backup policy set
Thats the mechanical side but much more important if you are going to use
dynamic is to
make sure that the backup copies are usable if restored,
Thats after all the pont of backups, and using dynamic  you potentially are
going to get fuzzy backups which may or may not be of any use,

Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com> on 01/31/2003 04:18:35 PM

Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu>