ADSM-L

Re: Complete list of *ALL* files in BACKUP/ARCHIVE

2003-01-31 08:36:08
Subject: Re: Complete list of *ALL* files in BACKUP/ARCHIVE
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:35:27 -0500
Thanks for the suggestion.  However, we usually turn off VERBOSE after
initial backups since it can be impracticle. Some boxes (like mail
servers) have 4-8 million files. Even with a 30 day retention (which is
what we usually specify), this can be a very big file.

What I am/was looking for is "after the fact", i.e. a box is being killed
off and I am exporting it before removing/deleting/purging it from TSM and
what a list of what was backed up/archived.

Kyle Payne <payne AT berbee DOT com>
01/30/2003 02:34 PM
Please respond to payne