ADSM-L

Re: TSM server on Linux

2003-01-30 17:31:39
Subject: Re: TSM server on Linux
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:31:33 -0500
>Does TSM server run on RedHat v8.0, intel platform?
>If not, what versions of Linux does it run on (other than the mainframe)?

Joseph - The information can be tough to get at on the Tivoli web site.
         (We'll see if that changes in two days.)
I can't attest to Redhat 8 functionality, but refer to the following links
for currently stipulated Linux levels:

http://www-3.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBM_TSM_Supported_Devices_for_Linux.html
specifies some Linux level requirements.

And, naturally, the server manual has specifics.  See:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/tividd/td/ITSML/GC23-4692-00/en_US/PDF/GC23-4692-00.pdf
Table 7.

The latest software Readme file will reflect latest verified opsys level:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/server/v5r1/Linux/LATEST/INSTALL.readme

 Richard Sims, BU