ADSM-L

Re: Changing tape vol from pending status to readwrite

2003-01-29 16:10:07
Subject: Re: Changing tape vol from pending status to readwrite
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:09:56 -0500
The tapes stay in PENDING status until the REUSEDELAY days (set in the parms
for the storage pool) have elapsed.  To make them go back to READWRITE, you
either have to wait, or change the REUSEDELAY parm.  After the REUSEDELAY
has elapsed, I think TSM checks about once an hour for tapes that need to be
set back to empty/readwrite.  You can't force them, as far as I know.