ADSM-L

Re: Problems with IBM 3584-L32 library with IBM prelabeld LTO cartridges

2003-01-29 08:01:28
Subject: Re: Problems with IBM 3584-L32 library with IBM prelabeld LTO cartridges
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 08:00:55 -0500
>I opened a hardware call. IBM guy showed up, updated microcode on library
>and drives. The guy told me that the problems with the cartridges are our
>business - not his or IBM's. I responded back that both the library and the
>cartridges are from IBM! - no good :-(.

Don't let vendors victimize you.  Have your management make an imperative call
to their management.  Some customer engineers will try to tell you whatever
they find convenient to minimize their workload.  Your company, on the other
hand, has contracts and warranties which stipulate realities, and on that basis
can insist upon your rights as defined therein.  Your company paid earnest
money for good service and products, and you should expect the suppliers to
live up to defined responsibilities.

  Richard Sims, BU