ADSM-L

Re: Tape status

2003-01-29 07:20:47
Subject: Re: Tape status
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 07:20:05 -0500
>I have a problem with my tapes in the LTO 3583 library. I checked in three
>scratch tapes for my weekly backup schedule and they are now marked private.

When posting questions to this technical forum, PLEASE supply detail!
Without details we have nothing of substance to go on, and can only
guess what might have happened.  You have a lot more information about
the problem than is revealed in the posting: we need that.

Exactly what command was used to do the Checkin?  Did it inadvertently
specify a Checkin as Private?  What has your analysis of the problem
show?  You would have done Query Actlog over the period since the tapes
were checked in to look for anything which acted upon them, so what did
that show?

  Richard Sims, BU