ADSM-L

TSM server on Linux w/3494-3590

2003-01-28 11:21:23
Subject: TSM server on Linux w/3494-3590
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:16:23 -0500
We are investigating the issue of moving TSM off AIX to a Linux system,
purely due to the cost of AIX hardware (lets face it....when it costs me
$5000 for a drawer of used SSA drives just to get me 130GB of raided disk
when I can get complete multi-processor x86 boxes with 300GB of raided
disk for the same cost, you have to investigate !)

The only issue is the fiber-channel/SAN connectivity to the shared 3494
ATL (primarily used by our z/OS systems) using 3590 E1A drives.

Can this be accomplished with an x86 box ?

How many folks are using the fairly new Linux version of TSM ?   How is it
running ?    Issues ?