ADSM-L

Re: DB2 configuration and backup

2003-01-27 15:39:59
Subject: Re: DB2 configuration and backup
From: Richard Foster <Richard.Foster AT HYDRO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 21:38:53 +0100
Nettie

We had something similar. It had to do with us mixing up 64-bit and 32-bit
code. DB2 was installed with 64-bit, but the TSM client was only 32-bit, I
think. If you need details, e-mail me offline and I'll dig them out if I
can.

Richard Foster

                    [email protected]
                    RG                   To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    Sent by:             cc:
                    ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI       Subject:     DB2 configuration
and backup
                    ST.EDU

                    2003-01-27
                    16:50
                    Please respond
                    to ADSM-L

We are trying to setup the DB2 backups using TSM. Our TSM server is 5.1 and
we
have installed the 4.3 api client on an AIX server.  I'm getting the
following
error.

[dbadm@server/home/dbadm]db2 backup db testdb online use tsm
SQL2062N  An error occurred while accessing media
"/home/dbadm/sqllib/adsm/libadsm.a".  Reason code: "610".

I've triple checked the installation and config files and sometimes get
Reason
code 1 or Reason code 2025. But still get the same error. I've re-created
the
client nodename and password also.

Any help would be appreciated. We are awaiting a call from Tivoli support.

Thanks,

Nettie Kinison

This e-mail with attached documents is only for the intended recipient
and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged.
any unauthorised reading, copying, disclosure or distribution of the
e-mail and/or attached documents is expressly forbidden, and may be a
criminal offence, and that Hydro shall not be liable for any action
taken by you based on the electronically transmitted information.
If you have received this e-mail by mistake, you are kindly requested
to immediately inform the sender thereof and delete the e-mail and
attached documents.