ADSM-L

FW: FW: Tivoli Storage Resource Reporting

2003-01-27 13:10:10
Subject: FW: FW: Tivoli Storage Resource Reporting
From: "Nelson, Doug" <DNelson AT CHITTENDEN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:09:09 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Saulnier [mailto:edsaul AT alum.wpi DOT edu]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 12:50 PM
To: Nelson, Doug
Subject: Re: FW: Tivoli Storage Resource Reporting

Hi Doug -

Yes, it is free. At one time it had a $10,000 price tag. However,  the
data that it collects currently is processed by another package that
still costs $10,000. Rumors are that will be changing but I know of no
formally announced alternatives. Is it worthwhile? Like most reporting
software,  it certainly can be if the data is used appropriately.

See you tomorrow.

Ed
---

--
Ed Saulnier

An IBM "TCI" Business Partner and Contractor
Specializing in Storage and Systems Management Solutions
A Tivoli Certified Consultant in Tivoli Storage Management

Coolidge Systems Inc.        email:edsaul AT alum.wpi DOT edu
Mail:150 Dorset Street,#292  South Burlington,VT 05403
Phone:802-863-7928                    Fax:802-863-7937