ADSM-L

Re: Doubts to Schedule Backups on an Exchange cluster Again!!!

2003-01-24 18:52:02
Subject: Re: Doubts to Schedule Backups on an Exchange cluster Again!!!
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:35:07 -0500
> I have the following doubts in order to setting up the schedulers
services
> in the exchange cluster nodes:
>
> 1. To setting up the scheduler in the primary node, I use the following
> parameter with the dsmcutil command:
> dsmcutil ... /optfile:"x:\ExcVirtual1_dsm.opt"
>
> Should it be the shared drive "x" the exchange file share?

Yes.

> 2. To install the windows service to failover in the secondary node
> (ExcVirtual2), should I use the same parameters like in the primary node
> /node:ExcVirtual1 /password:ExcVirtual1_pass
> /optfile:"x:\ExcVirtual1_dsm.opt" ?

Yes.

I assume that "ExcVirtual1" is the name of the virtual Exchange server
that you will be operating on.

If you have another virtual Exchange server (ExcVirtual2?) in an
active/active setup, you will need to also set up scheduled
services on each machine for this virtual Exchange server.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.