ADSM-L

Re: Journal Service Return Codes

2003-01-22 13:38:41
Subject: Re: Journal Service Return Codes
From: "Nancy R. Brizuela" <Brizuela AT UWYO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:38:05 -0700
All,

Ok, our Windows people say that most of our RC=32 access errors in the
journal service error log were triggered by files\folders on the PROFILE
drives.  They believe that the errors may be caused by "roaming
profiles", a special mechanism where every time a user logs in, their
profile (files\folders) are copied to the local client. Upon logoff, the
profile is written back to server. While this special sync mechanism may
be the source of the problem, they have no method for changing the
mechanism.  Is anyone having problems journaling roaming profile
storage?

Thanks,

Nancy Brizuela
University of Wyoming