ADSM-L

NT exclude problem

2003-01-22 09:48:15
Subject: NT exclude problem
From: Richard Foster <Richard.Foster AT HYDRO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:46:59 +0100
I have an NT server running SAP/Oracle. I am backing up the Oracle DB with
TDP for R3, and thus want to exclude these files from TSM incremental. I
cannot get it to work.

NT server v 4.0 with SP6
TSM client v 4.2.1.30
TSM server v4.2.2.7
running on AIX v 4.3.3

The book gives an example: Quote
Exclude all files and directories in any tmp directory that might exist
exclude ?:\...\tmp\...\*
Unquote

So I tried
exclude ?:\...\saparch\...\*

I have also tried
exclude *:\...\saparch\...\*
exclude *:\...\saparch\...\*.*
and in desperation
exclude f:\oracle\XXX\saparch\*
but each time, after the incremental, I have 15 active files registered in
the TSM DB from this directory.

Is it me, or is it a bug?

Richard Foster
Norsk Hydro ASA

This e-mail with attached documents is only for the intended recipient
and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged.
any unauthorised reading, copying, disclosure or distribution of the
e-mail and/or attached documents is expressly forbidden, and may be a
criminal offence, and that Hydro shall not be liable for any action
taken by you based on the electronically transmitted information.
If you have received this e-mail by mistake, you are kindly requested
to immediately inform the sender thereof and delete the e-mail and
attached documents.