ADSM-L

TDPO backup failing with ANS0236E error

2003-01-22 03:18:31
Subject: TDPO backup failing with ANS0236E error
From: Jozef Zatko <zatko AT LOGIN DOT SK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:17:56 +0100
Hello guys,
I have a problem with Oracle backup with TDPO 2.2.1.

Environment:
TSM server 5.1.5.4 on AIX 5.1
Oracle 8.1.7
TDPO 2.2.1
TSM API client 4.2.1

The backup fails with following error (copy from RMAN backup log):

ORA-19511: ANS0236E (RC2032) On dsmInit, the owner is not allowed when
PASSWORDACCESS=generate.

In messages, I found this explanation to this error number:

ANS0236E On dsmInit, the owner is not allowed
when PASSWORDACCESS=generate.

Explanation: PASSWORDACCESS=generate
establishes a session with the current login user as the
owner.
System Action: The system returns to the calling
procedure.

User Response: When using
PASSWORDACCESS=generate, set clientOwnerNameP
to NULL.

Does somebody know what is the clientOwnerNameP and where I can set it to
NULL?

Ing. Jozef Zatko
Login a.s.
Dlha 2, Stupava